View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 AM   #3
kabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgentileksu
3. When I bought this car, I was looking for a daily driver for my wife. I wanted to get her a used Miata for ~ 10 grand, but when I got the Porsche for the same price, I could NOT pass it up! Does anyone use these as daily drivers and if so, how has it worked out? I will be in Mississippi for the next year, and it may be used to make long road trips. Any advice?
Welcome Dave!

Similar experience here when i bought mine, I really could not pass on the deal I got. Fortunately two years later I have had a very positive experience with mine and little in the way of unexpected or overly expensive repairs (knock wood). The boxster is my daily driver and it really is great for that.
-Wicked fun to drive
-Gas mileage doesn't suck too bad
-Great trunk space (see: The Groceries in your Trunk thread)

I was even considered a job in MS, location was a bit too rural for me though (Meridian)!

one item you might want to have on hand for your 3k road trip are ear plugs, if you find your self driving top down on the hwy for extended periods you'll know what i mean.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)

Last edited by kabel; 05-07-2008 at 05:08 AM. Reason: bad tags
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote