View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
Osprey01

Boxster-worth it?

All right- so I'm a 31 year old male, I have a good job and could afford a 911 new if I wanted, but I don't want to spend that much. I think $35K is about what I want to spend right now, and I consider that to border on the wasteful, but what the heck...

I am not so much into badges, I'm looking for a sports car. I drove a Cayman S and like it quite a bit, but they're currently still pricey and a friend told me that they had heat issues with the engine right behind you with the closed roof. so I'm thinking about a Boxster.

Do you guys think the Boxster is worth the difference over a Miata, both in money and in potential for maintenance disaster? Is the Boxster reliability still a crapshoot if I look for a good one with maintenance records and maintain it religiously? I'm pretty good with maintaining my vehicles. I find the Miata to be fun, but the steering wheel doesn't quite clear my right leg, which isn't optimal. I haven't driven a Corvette, either, and I am struck by how one can buy a 2 year old non-Convertible Corvette for the same price as a 3-4 year old Boxster- I take it the Boxster handling makes up for the sheer grunt that the Corvette has? Horses for courses and such? I don't need overpowering speed, handling is fun...

Sorry for the ramble- mostly it's about trying to figure out if the maintenance gamble is worth it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Osprey01; 05-06-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Osprey01 is offline   Reply With Quote