View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 05:15 AM   #6
skip_168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
This is one of those deals that can only happen to me. Parked the car in the garage overnight. Got in the next morning and I noticed the key blade was still in the ignition and the dashboard and radio were still on. Somehow the key blade disconnected from the clicker and I hadn't noticed when I got out of the car!
I pull the blade out the ignition with my hand and use my back up key to fire up the car. No problem. Moved it a few feet to rinse the top. Get back in the car and now the dang thing is freaking out. When I turn the key the dash lights up and radio comes on, top retracts (albeit slowly). When I turn the key all the way to with my foot down on the clutch the lights all start flashing on and off, the windows make some noise and I can hear the engine area making a loud click click click sound in sync with the flash flash flash of the dash board lights.

Before this I was getting the ocassional squeal from the starter. My first thought its finally dead. I called my local dealer he wants me to tow it in and they are promising me a $350 battery replacement if that's all that wrong. I'd like to test that out for myself first. Any suggestions for a generic battery that I can purchase over the counter? Or do you think this sounds like the starter or alternator.
make sure your battery connections are clean & tight.

skip_168 is offline   Reply With Quote