View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
AUDIOGUY

New Yokohama S-Drives!! Very happy!

Long story short, I had a blow out on Sunday. My Pirelli Rosso Zero sidewall is torn up. Price for a rear pair was 600.00. I am going to need fronts in the not too distant future. I was not really too happy about spending 1200.00 on a Monday. I asked my tire guy about a nice replacement that wouldn't break the bank. He suggested the Yokohama S-Drive. I read a little and decided to go with a new set all around.

http://www.tirerack.com/tire-12/Yokohama/S.drive.shtml

For 693.00 I got 4 new tires. For the price, I was willing to give them a try.

So far so good! The car definately rides softer on the highways. This is a good thing. I feel like every pebble and crack does not directly transfer into my ass. Also, I dont have any lane wander at all. No fighting the steering wheel to stay out of ruts on the road. This alone would be worth double the price to me. I have always hated that aspect of the Boxster. I had a slight wobble, shake in the steering wheel about 80 mph. No matter how many times I had the Pirellis balanced, still would not stop shaking. All the way up to 120mph tonight no shake at all... I could have drove with 1 finger!! The tire looks great as well!!

Hopefully, they will continue to please!

Just thought I would share a lower cost alternative that so far works!!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote