View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
concept84

New Boxster Owner! Car Towed After 2 Days Owned...

Hello All,

This is my second post, but I've been surfing this forum for months doing research.

I bought a beautiful 2001 Boxster with 60k miles on Wednesday afternoon from a reputable used car dealer, which drove great, had all service records, and passed a PPI. Only thing that appeared to be wrong was a few rattles from the doors (which are being fixed by the dealer), and a torn shift boot (also being replaced by the dealer).

On friday night I pulled out of work on the highway and half way through 2nd gear I heard a decently loud pop from behind and below me, and I had lost my gear. At first I thought I might have just knocked it out of gear, because I still felt normal clutch pressure, but no gear would engage. Engine sounded and revved fine, and the clutch felt normal, and it even seemed like I could find a gear, but nothing would engage.

I was able to coast into a Ford dealer, where the guys there (while giving me alot of playful pot-shots) helped me push the car into a parking spot on their secured lot and allowed me to leave it there until the morning. I contacted my dealer, they towed it and provided me with a loaner.

I insisted that the car go to the local Porsche dealer, but they said to contain their own costs they want their senior tech to look at it first to see if they can fix it, however I'm just getting so worried about my new car.

What shall I do. And if it makes a difference, I live in NJ, but purchased the car in PA.

Thanks in advance for the help!
concept84 is offline   Reply With Quote