View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
Bry

'00 Boxster: No radio power / accessory power

Hi all, new owner of a gorgeous 2000 Boxster in alpine silver. Love the car, but have a question regarding some trouble that has cropped up.
The stereo is not powering on at all... I am not certain if I had ever heard it on the test drive (I usually try to test everything, but this is a low priority), but I would like it working even if I never turn it on. The important thing (to me) is the accessory power for the cigarette lighter does not seem to be working either. This I need occasionally for work to use my GPS... Now, I am using this as an excuse to upgrade the GPS to a newer battery powered unit, but do want this going as well.
I tried looking through the fuses listed for these items under the dash, but they are not blown out. Could someone suggest an alternate means of power loss in these 2 items? I suspect they are related, but I am not positive if I had tested them pre-purchase. I would prefer to take care of this myself, but I do have a warranty for such problems available and need to bring the car in anyway - the passenger side wiper went out last week (my first week of ownership) during a heavy rainstorm... Plus, I may as well have the OBC enabled

Again, hello to everyone & I welcome any and all suggestions!
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote