View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
Lil bastard

The main shtick to the Boxster is the chassis and handling. Both models excel at this equally. More power doesn't improve this.

The 'S' has different springs, sway bars and shocks, but it also weighs more. It has larger brakes, but the difference in stopping distance is minimal - the Base still outperforms 99% of the cars out there - the only real advantage to the 'S' Brakes is if you track the car, fade takes longer to set in. In street driving, you're not on the brakes enough for fade to set in. But, the Brake Pads, Rotors and such also cost more to replace on the 'S'.

The Tip S is fine, I like it. Though you'll find it a little more 'slushy' than most Man-U-Matics.

Truth is, only you can decide if the Base is right or the 'S'. I've driven many Boxsters and can't justify the extra cost of an 'S' for the type of driving I use the car for - all I'd really get are bragging rights which don't interest me at all.

Find the best car (Base or 'S') in the best condition - get a PPI, for the best money and be happy. When buying a used car, that's the most you can hope for. Don't compromise and buy a lessser car because it has more bells and whistles - maintenance issues are big headaches and wallet drainers. Good Luck
:dance:
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 04-29-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote