View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
eqs

Do the easy thing Topshelf - do a test drive of the different variations and you will get your answer very quickly. Bear in mind there may be a lemon or two here and there, but that's what an introductory test drive can/will tell you.

I drove a 02 996 cab tip and I almost died in disgust - the pick-up was pathetic. Was it a lemon, I don't know, but it was really bad and not something I ever wanted.

So, I tried a 07 987S tip and it was better, but the off the line had too much lag, but once it was going 20 it had lotsa power. I like the off the line, and came to the conclusion that my wife would have to drive stick again if she wanted to drive the Pcar.

My just turned 14yo son set me straight. He said dad, why are you looking at tip?Here's your parameters you wrote down - and at the top of the list was "stick". Thank _od I listened to him. He's a smart little (bigger than me now) sonny.

But hey, I noted it before, everyone's different and hey, if that floats your boat ..... good on you.

Anyways, hope I was some help. Don't let anyone tell you what to do - do what makes - you - happy. Whatever, buy what you love, settle for no less.

Cheers and good luck in whatever you get

Last edited by eqs; 04-29-2008 at 03:33 PM.
eqs is offline   Reply With Quote