View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #53
YellowJacket

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Fun game. I'm 26. While I can't yet claim anything Italian or otherwise exotic, I'm working to ensure that my list stays respectable (I had a slight indiscretion at 21 years old, but I've since rectified the situation). Always paying cash for my cars has kept my list a lot more down to earth than it would otherwise be. :-)

16: 86 535i
18: 88 325ic
19: 93 325i
20: 95 M3
21: 03 Jetta
22: 97 Box

I don't see why it's relevant whether a person drives a Boxster at 25 or 55. Very few people that I've ever known are in a position that they absolutely COULD NOT afford a new Box/911. So, it's more about priorities, which shift back and forth through one's life. When I was in high school and college, my car was my biggest concern. Now that newly I'm married, I focus a lot of money on paying off my house, travel, and saving for retirement; hence, I haven't bought a new car in 4 years (which as you can see is quite out of character for me). I can guarantee that once my wife and I pay off our house in a few years, I'll be buying another toy. May be a 911, may be a new Chris Craft, maybe an island house on Lake Winnipesauke. Regardless, at some point in my life, I'll spend significantly more on another impractical toy car with no roof, and to say "oh, he just owns that because he's XX years old" would be grossly inaccurate.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote