View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 08:00 AM   #11
wweirich

Send a message via Yahoo to wweirich
Exclamation Cover Still Will Not Unsnap / Budge

We tried this w/e - per your GREAT photo! Thank you for that!! I must be challenged mentally, but It won't budge - can't pinch and slide it, either way - forward or reverse. I am afraid to use a hard part on it - for fear of marring the surfaces surround the piece. Break the piece, and I am sure ?? it can be replaced, but that is low on the "acceptable" approach scale, obviously. Warming the dash in the sun - a good long while, did not mitigate this. So, I have concluded, I am missing something – on the basic level.

Traffic Pro screen went tits up too - brand new unit (2001 vintage) from EBay; one of those 299 units.

Q2: What connector needs to be connected to get the speed sensitive volume control (faster = louder) to work? I didn’t' see that in the TSB.

Comment: I spliced the two connections to activate the remote amplifier - so that it would switch on, and I got a high pitched tone - low level - thought the speakers. When removed, and left to be as originally found, the Amp turned on correctly, and no tone. Perhaps the Amp up front is NOT O.E.M., I do not know - but that well documented “jumper" was not needed in this case.

Last edited by wweirich; 04-28-2008 at 08:04 AM.
wweirich is offline   Reply With Quote