View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #17
LoveBunny

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqs
What the... that guy was psycho!!! Very funny! Seems like a scene from the Exorcist

Here's a clip someone sent me about a little bigger problem in a spin. What did this guy do wrong? And what should he have done to avoid this mishap?

From my take - too much entry speed and the wrong entry point, lift off before entering the corner (according to the engine sound), no downshift ( to stay in the powerband), he tried to correct with steering input but it was too late as you can hear the car skidding around. I think hitting the corner hump also created unweighting and unsettling of the car and with the lift off, caused the car to be really light and susceptible to a flip. Once he was perpendicular to the roadway his tires caught and the momentum flipped him. The 911 once going is I understand very tough to bring back due to the engine location/rear weight bias especially if PSM is off or you don't have it.

Does this sound right?

And as an aside, how do you get those photos to show instead of only attach?

Cheers
Ouch! I don't know anything about track driving so I have no clue what he did wrong. As far as the rear engine of the 911, my dad kept warning me about how I would have trouble driving one because the read end just comes flying around. I test drove one and asked the salesman about it. He told me that with the PSM it's much harder to do that, and he demonstrated how well it works driving much faster around some curves than I ever do.

I'd love to actually learn to drive my car the way it was meant to be driven one day, but I'm too scared of ending up like that dude in the video!

For the picture attachment, I uploaded mine to flicker.com and then when you make a post, click the little picture link thingy and paste the url in there of the pic.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote