View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Nick 986

Kavlono
I have been to Newfoundland a few times. It is an amazing province. The people and the scenery are fantastic. My wife and I took the Boxster to Newfoundland two summers ago. You have to drive to North Sydney Nova Scotia which is about 4.5 hours from the Nova Scotia/New Brunswick border. The ferry ride is about 6 hours from North Sydney to Port aux Basques Nfld. You have about a three hour drive to Deer Lake which is where you catch the 430. We stayed in a small coastal community called Rocky Harbour. We took a few tours about an hour north of Rocky Harbour but that is as far north as we went as we travelled to central Newfoundland as well. I have never been to St Anthony so I am not sure what the road is like. I have been told that you can go out on a boat to do some whale watching and criuse around some icebergs up around St Anthony. It is approximately another 150-200 miles north of Rocky harbour. Most of the highways in Newfoundland are 2 lane roads. The 430 is a good road with a lot of turns that follows the coastline. A good Boxster road. The big issue in Newfoundland is there alot, and I mean alot, of moose. I strongly recommend that you do not drive after dark.
Nick 986 is offline   Reply With Quote