View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 07:33 AM   #29
john4394

Lil Bastards advice is right on........not what you want to hear or probably want to do.....but most of us as kids had to learn the hard way...........if you have the 2 seater convertible bug.............get a used older Miata in the best condition and maintenance record that your budget will support.....guage if you can support the maintenance costs on that car..............if you can then multiply it by 4 and that's what the Boxster will run you.....then assess whether or not at this particular point in your life if it makes sense........ Believe me, the girls that want to go out with you because you have a "cool" car will not the the women that will make you happy over the long haul. I own a number of "toy" cars (older Ferriaris, Corvettes, etc.) in addition to a Boxster. I've learned over the years that there is ALWAYS another great car and they will always be available either by private sale or classic/special interest car auctions. A lot of guys my age are buying the cars they lusted after in the sixties and seventies because they can afford them now.....
john4394 is offline   Reply With Quote