View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
si1

I think I got the answer to my question.

I spoke with the service rep at the dealership I had an appointment to do the last steps in the instructions to tell the car's computer the exhaust was installed and asked him what it would change. He called me back after talking with his mechanic and said the mechanic felt it was not necessary for me to come in as long as I had no error codes. Since they were going to charge me $130 for about 10 minutes work I have to believe it is unnecessary. This is not the dealership where I bought my car but it may be the one where I take my car for any warranty work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1
I am feeling like I am all wet on this then. I am very impressed by the sound. I went for a pretty long ride today after it was installed and had no interest in turning the radio on. I think my wife even likes it but it is a nice feature to have the option to turn it off.

Let me rephrase my question: Does anyone know what having a Porsche tech complete the last steps of the instructions to tell the car's computer that this sport exhaust is installed does?
si1 is offline   Reply With Quote