View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #16
ut_cougar

The Record Holder

I think I hold the record... To be honest it is definately not something I'm proud of... I call it stupidity now that I realize what speeding can do out on the street. .

Three times for me.

Pull over #1. Tagged by radar at 136 mph in my Mercury Cougar, hit by some speed trap, cops showed up at my HOME door step 2 weeks later, I didn't even know they could do that. Went to court and claimed that it would be impossible for me to drive like that, yada yada, it got dropped because the prosecutor said they can be faulty.

Pull over #2. This is the big one... 187 mph (GPS speed) tagged by radar or laser don't know... He also paced me at 113 or 116 roughly during the same incident. I won't go into what happened to me for that. It was a ride out from the spot in a shiny new cop car and some community service. No one knows about this incident to this day, I guess they know now. I kept it to myself because i felt so stupid. Oh and this was on my bike (kawa zx10r).

Pull over #3. Not a real pull-over... I was hit by radar/laser I assume at some point, or followed, who knows what, I don't really know... I don't know my real speed because I had removed the GPS/navi from my bike prior to this particular incident. It was 3:30am on a weeknite, totally dead, and so I went for 200 mph (on the speedo). As I was in a tuck I usually NEVER look off to the sides, I only use peripheral vision but I looked over right as I was passing the 190 mark because I saw lights from a car getting on the highway. So lucky for me it was a cop getting on the highway and saw me, he sped up and turned his lights on, I went on to ~203mph for maybe 6 or 7 seconds tops, by the time my bike decelerated when i let off the throttle, I must have been well over a mile ahead of the cop... I took an off ramp and went home.

I don't need the speech, after the last one I have not even broken 100 on a 3 am weeknite and am the "anal" driver now.
ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote