View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #13
FTD

That reminds me of a similar experience. it was approaching dusk on a late Saturday afternoon. Northbound traffic on 400 was zipping along at about 75 to 80; traffic density somewhere between congested and not bad. Around a left curve, a POLICE car was STOPPED IN THE LEFT LANE, no whirling lights on, no cones, no warning. You just come around a turn and wham, there's a parked car in your lane! He had a car stopped in front of him. Why they weren't in the emergency lane I cannot understand. I moved over a lane but the van behind me had to try and brake it down. She didn't hit the cop car, but she did skid and squirrel and bounce all over, along with two other oncoming cars that also did some bouncing and braking. I had to brake down to a near stop because the skidding, bouncing van came in to my lane and I couldn't tell where it would stop. The guy behind me sat on the horn and plastered his middle finger to his windsheild to let me know what he thought of having to brake down along with me, stopping inches from my bumper. I don't think he even saw what was going on. Once all the cars found a crashing spot and I was moving forward, I stared at the cop as I drove by and he was looking straight ahead, oblivious [for the moment] to the mess he created a few yards behind him. That was a surreal experience.

Last edited by FTD; 04-21-2008 at 08:39 AM.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote