View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
husker boxster

Smashing Pumpkins

It was too close.

I was driving home from the Neb Spring Game. Both lanes of I-80 are full of cars going 70+mph. I was driving in the left lane and was making the lady behind me in a Honda Element impatient because I was leaving about a 2 car gap in front of me.

We crest a small hill when suddenly the 2 cars in front of me are coming to a complete stop and I MEAN NOW! I felt confident I could stop in time and as soon as I was sure I would make it I looked in the mirror. Oh oh, it doesn't look good. Luckily Honda lady was able to jump over a lane (don't know how there wasn't somebody there) without clipping my rear. She would've definitely plowed into me if she would have had to stay in the left lane. 1 bullet dodged. The 2 cars behind her were now coming. The first one dove onto the shoulder / ditch and got stopped. 2 bullets dodged. The car behind him got stopped before running into me too. Third and final bullet falls short. Whew! That was close. In the few seconds that all the cars are flying around me I'm thinking, "Damn, they're going to wreck my new car". About a 1/2 mi ahead there was a 3 car accident in the left lane that must have just ocurred.

Punkin is home now and resting safely in the garage. That was live ammunition out there today.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 04-19-2008 at 05:24 PM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote