View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
t2-bxtrs

Cool importance of 03 update compared to 02

seems not too long ago, i was in the same situation as you.. having test driven an 00 S/ 03S and an 04S. in my personal opinion.. go with the newest/best condition and fully optioned car you can find, and if the color combination, int/ext pleases you and if it comes with service history ,then you have found the right one for you. when you say there's lots of them around. do u mean in Montreal/Quebec or in the States?
i'm from Toronto, and the choices i find around are really limited, unless you go to a Porsche dealer that would be asking way too much money for a car. also buying a CPO car does'nt really mean much not unless you really read and interpret what is covered and not.
in my case i decided that i really prefer a 986 than a 987, so i was able to narrow it down to an 03/04 S , and ended up buying an '04S in the States last December.
and so far after putting in around a 1200k , have been really satisfied.
With a little luck and due diligence and trusting your own instincts and your mechanic, not just a PPI from a dealer where a technician that really would'nt put in the time and patience to go over it carefully.
anyway, good luck !
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote