View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #9
lucky_topher

just saw this thread (after i already sent you a PM)... the missing switch blank confirmed it *IS* the car i test drove before deciding on mine...

i had a PPI done (cost me $185) and ended up not buying the car but here are some pieces of info for you:

* driver side tail light has a small crack in it.. hard to see, but wiht texas sun might get worse

* passenger (cant remember if it's front or rear?) brake caliper scraped all to hell because when they replaced the brake pads the shop broke off the bleeder screw, and when they put a new one in (one taht didn't match and is the wrong size, looks to be tapped to a bigger hole), they scraped up the red paint/coating on the calipers

* LOTS of rust on the underside, especially exhaust area... that car was born up north and spent a lot of time up there per the carfax

* there was a coolant leak as well, dropping coolant right near the passenger tire.. the PPI guy said most likely it was something in regards to seals around the coolant fill area in the trunk... open it up, pull out the top level of covers/whatever and see if there's dried coolant or whatnot... keep an eye on your temps

* dash blank switch missing

* no center caps on wheels (when i was looking at least?)

If people came from apes, why are there still apes?
lucky_topher is offline   Reply With Quote