View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 06:56 AM   #8
986Roadster

I have 19 x 275 x 10.5 rims/tires and from what i know they were not stretched on....

If you decide to put a 11" width, i think all you have to do is put a bigger spacer.
my 10.5" was very close to my strut on the inside, so i had to put a 7mm spacer to clear a piece of cardboard through the gap from inside rim to strut. the car has also been lowered 1.3 inches(this makes a difference).

I DO NOT RECOMMEND a 19" tire on a 2000 boxster... It will slow the car down and the overall suspension can't handle it over time. i've been driving on 19s for over 3 years, and i can feel the wear and tear. If i could go back in time, i would of put a 18inch rim and lowered my car 2inches instead of the 1.3 inch drop. If you decide to go with a 19inch rim, try and stay within the porsche recommended! 19x 265x10......11 inch width isn't a great idea.

18 x 265 x 10 with a 2 inch or 1.3 inch drop is the right way

p.s if your just looking for crusing tires, and not in need of super expensive tires for the track....check out general exclaim tires. i drove 30k on a set and i drive rough and hard! the front tires still look brand new, after 30k of driving. the rear needed to be changed after 30k. i just changed my rear tires last week, and the grip is insane!! check the ratings on tirerack.com!
986Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote