View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
drWalter

Question importance of 2003 updates compared to '02

Hi all,

I've been lurking on this board for a month or so now, and have been shopping for a new to me boxster. So far I'm looking at both 2005 base as well as '03 and '04 S models, similar to previous threads I haven't quite made up my mind on this yet.

My question to the experts here is how advisable would it be for me to widen my search to include also '02 S models with low mileage (CPO probably too). There are a lot of these around for reasonable money, giving much more choice of color combos and options than my more restrictive search, and maybe saving a bit of money up front as well. The glove compartment isn't important to me, all I ever keep in the glove box of my daily driver ('03 GTI 1.8T) is a case of CD's and a tire pressure gauge. What I am a bit concerned about is the plastic rear window. Assuming that I buy a CPO low miles car with top and window in excellent shape at purchase time, am I likely to regret not getting the glass window of a newer model a couple of years down the line? The car will be garaged at home (outdoor parking lot at work though), and only driven when there's no snow on the ground.

Any help you might be able to give me would be appreciated.
drWalter is offline   Reply With Quote