View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #27
Kirk

More Bars Ordered

Okay, since some people missed out on the group buy I’m willing to put together a few more sets for them. These will be sold on a first come – first served basis. You can wait until I get them in, or to assure one is reserved for you PayPal (kbristol@lycos.com) me now or PM me for my address for sending payment. I’m putting together 6 complete sets and 6 main bars. I’ve put in orders for the parts I need and expect to have everything by May 30th. I can’t hold the group buy pricing though because of the lower volume, higher costs, and a hardware change noted below. Plus the original $10 fixed shipping charge was too low. What I can do now is $75 plus $12 shipping on the main bar and $175 plus $12 shipping on the complete set. Add $5 more for shipping to Canada.

I asked for some feedback from the folks that got the group buy bars and overall it was very positive. One clear area for improvement though is with the mounting hardware (nuts and bolts). I went with zinc plated grade 5 bolts. Compared to the high quality bars, these came across as functional but kind of cheap. I will upgrade the mounting hardware this time around, probably to stainless steel. Here is some of the feedback I received by folks in the group buy:

“I am very happy with the quality of the materials and workmanship.”

“Very pleased with parts quality, first class. Installed them the first day I got them, great instructions for the install. I think I could feel the difference right away on hard cornering and going over sharp bumps, rear end seems tighter. I would recommend the kit to all boxster owners”

“Although I haven't tried to install them yet, the stress bars appear to be very well made and the fittings are substantial enough to take whatever stress may be put on them. My one minor concern is about whether the nuts and bolts will rust and whether it would have added a lot to the cost of the bars to have the nuts and bolts made of stainless steel. I have read the instructions and they seem very straightforward and complete. Overall, the stress bars are excellent and a great value. Couldn't be happier and can't wait to get them installed.”

“The quality of the parts appears to be good. I appreciated that every piece was protected, and when it arrived the shipping tube was intact. Your instructions appear to be well written.”

“The quality of the bars and rod ends is excellent, I really like the look of the parts.”

“I have not installed the lower stress bar yet, but if your products is anything like your communications during this transaction, I'm sure it is top notch. I have been impressed with every part of this group buy.”
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote