View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
ut_cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4s
If you're going to keep this car for a few years change the head unit and ad an amp... If you have the Bose speakers you can keep them... they're OK...
A 2 din unit, like the Pioneer AVIC D3 has Nav, IPOD, XM, traffic, bluetooth and cd's... but if you have an ipod... the cd option is, well, not an option... Use the head unit to power the fronts and bi-amp the rears with a good amp (Memphis).

It's in my 05 box s and better than anything Porsche offers today... good luck

I do plan on selling in about 1 year or 1.5 years...which is why i want to keep it as stock as possible, with putting in a double din as a last resort. what i really want to do is replace the factory speakers with better quality ones which can actually take the high volumes without blowing or distorting (the stock set-up was fine for me but when i turn up the volume and/or the bass the speakers would distort and now have blown. i want to be able to put the base all the way up and volume up high and hear the speakers nice loud and clear. the low end base being the most important to me. so i was thinking of switching out the dash and door speakers with some speakers that can handle well and pump out base well and just run them off the stock amp. i also don't want to go up to 6.5" in the doors, i want to keep them 5.25" so take that into consideration. what i need to know is- which speaker set will achieve what i'm looking for?... then worry about running navi after that.
ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote