View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 07:38 AM   #15
ranbar2

>>This thread should be closed due to all the whiners and there sob stories. I am getting sick of all the "fathers" telling us not to drive fast. Get back in your Buick century and "pipe down so i don't have to pull this car over"
Automon

Automon,

What these "fathers" (and sons) are saying is that driving fast irresponsibly can have serious repercussions. I hope you never have to get the phone call that tells you that a loved one has been seriously injured or killed because somebody wanted to take out a vette. Have you ever seen the victim of a serious car accident?? Unfortunately, I have. And my mother was not the only one.

Look, everyone here likes to drive fast in one way or another, otherwise we wouldn't have bought a porsche. And if you want to drive fast in conditions where the only people hurt if something goes wrong are you and the person you were racing, if any, then be my guest. There are tracks and other venues where you can indulge your need for speed.

But street racing puts innocent people at risk. And, to me, someone who injures or kills an innocent bystander why engaged in a race on public streets is no better than the thug who kills someone while robbing a convience store or a drunk driver who gets behind the wheel. Each of them have caused bodily harm to another while in the commission of an illegal act. Do you seriously think that any responsible person can condone that?

Anyway, this is my last post on this subject. I am done rising to the bait.
ranbar2 is offline   Reply With Quote