View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #8
Kirk

My story sounds real similar to others here. I tried to save some bucks at first. I bought some tint film for $12 and tinted just the front signals. Looked great at first but soon small bubbles started to come up. I think this is one of the problems with tinting plastic. I'm too much of a perfectionist to leave it like that, so I took the tint off.

Then for $10 I tried the hobby paint tint. I painted, I sanded, I worked and worked at it to try to get it even and perfect. It didn't come out too bad, but still not to my satisfaction.

Then I came across some used Litronics in perfect condition for $750. I passed up the deal because at the time I had just bought the hobby paint and hadn't tried it yet and money was tight. Three months later the same deal came back again, the guy hadn't sold the Litronics. The hobby paint had turned out to be a bust and I didn't give a rat's arse about the cost. At that point I had had enough and jumped on them. I'm happy now. Besides the Litronics look cool too, not just deambered.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote