View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 06:17 AM   #7
Ofishbein

Thanks for your kind comments.

Some answers:

The pedals and floorboards are from Rennline.

I'm hesitant to reveal the cost simply because I can't control what the vendors may charge in the future - but I will say that I did EVERYTHING, including new floor mats and red seat belts, for about what it would have cost me to buy two OEM GT3 seats.

The interior work included removing the entire dashboard and re-skinning it and the door panels in leather with red stitching (I didn't like the textured "leatherette" of the original dash). I also had red stitching along the door ridge from the handle back for accent.

I purchased Alcantara fabric directly from Gulf Fabrics (color 9002) in both "Pannel" for seat applications and "cover" for everything else. The Pannel spec is specifically for seats and has a layer of thin padding for added strength. It's about $100 per yard. I also sent my original steeing wheel to Dallas Custom Steering Wheel to have it recovered so it would match all the rest exactly. The OEM Alcantara wheel was slightly off in shade and I wanted a dead-on match since it would be, literally, in my face when I drive. The recover cost is $289 plus shipping so it's less than the OEM wheel and Don will do whatever you want (rally stripe, etc.).

There is Alcantara on the steering wheel, shifter boot, door airbags, sun visors (no more pesky airbag stickers), E-brake, console lid, door map pocket lids, and center tunnel side trim. All the rest is black leather w/red stitching. The seat belts were also switched out to red.

The vendors were Rich and Famous Auto Tops in Van Nuys and Upholstery by AJ in Northridge (the job was done in two stages and I wanted to try several locals - both did excellent work)

More pics:

Ofishbein is offline   Reply With Quote