View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 11:38 PM   #17
Benny986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SoCalBoxsterS
Thanks Benny, I'm a 36" waist too. Perfectlap has the GT3 seats but says the headrest wings interfere with looking back over your shoulder when parking. Plus the GT3 seat although very nice are very steep in price. 16 Lbs on the Sparco's is great. Do you know what our stock seats weigh? Mine are power & heated which probably adds even more weight.
power tilt, and non heat. about 43lbs for mine.

FYI, sliders weigh 4lbs. the bracket is about another 3-4lbs. and the base is another 3-4lbs.

but you still save weight, but better than that, you are firmly in the seat. you don't use various muscles and your other leg to brace yourself.

i did my first autox today with the new seat, wow! i love it. it was my first time with the new wheels+tires too.

not sure if its a different feel of tire or the seat, but under braking and more so with turning, i swear, i could feel the tires compressing down and the softness of the tire.

i feel more at one with the sar, with this seat. i know what its doing as its doing it. the car was VERY loose in the morning, but i never lost it cause i was in sync with the car. before the seat, when on the edge like that, i'd at least spin out once/event or at least have much bigger time wasting "drifts" much less so today. but this could be different tires too, and them being more predictable, but I like to think its both. : )
Benny986 is offline   Reply With Quote