View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #15
heyjae

Stock seats are real heavy. I think around 40 lb each. I got Cobra Suzuka S seats which are Kevlar and weigh about 16 lbs. I tried the Cobra Imola S and Sparco Evo's and the higher side bracing of the Suzuka holds you in better. It does make getting in and out somewhat harder though. I have to slide the seat all the way back to get in and out, but I think that would be the case w/ any rigid back seat and my cage does not make it any easier.

About comfort, I got back from a long trip up to Laguna Seca last weekend and drove 300+ miles each way. I used a rolled up t-shirt for lumber support and it was reasonably comfortable. I have a 35" waist and the regular Suzuka seat fits nice and snug and keeps me in place on the track. It really helps with fatigue versus struggling to keep myself from sliding around. I have the the larger Suzuka S GT seat as the passenger seat and I made the right decision with putting the regular sized seat on the driver's side. In general, the Suzuka felt slightly bigger than the Evo, so it may be good to go a size larger w/ the Evo. I also cut the bottom foam padding to fit me better. That helped a lot.

Another thing to keep in mind is that side mounts and sliders can be expensive, so budget for that. I tried a bunch of things and spent waayyy too much money trying to get the seat as low as possible while keeping the slider. I'm not all that satisfied w/ how low my seat is at this point, but it's workable. Once my other projects are complete, I'm going to tackle seat height again.