View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
pteam

Low coolant / bad cap? / flashing light above 250

Low coolant / bad cap? / flashing light above 250

Yep all that. The boxster has been getting some usage lately from my gf and me. The box has been jealous my other cars have been getting more use and sat me down for a talk...

Anyways today half way thru during the day the warning light above the 250 temp reading started flashing, the temp gauge was still working and ran at normal 180. I turned the car off once and it didn't come back on. Next time driving it home it came on as soon as I started the car and was on for about 5-8 minutes then turned off for the last 2 mins til I got home.

My first thoughts were low coolant / coolant cap bad. Can you tell me from this picture if I have the good cap or the bad cap, you can read the numbers on the cap in the pic, I know you can tell by the numbers if its the good cap or the old bad one? If its bad where can I order one online quickly and good price? Also you can notice there is some condensation of coolant and some drops around the cap which makes me think this shouldnt be there and I may have a bad cap. Does the boxster always do this? Also can I just add regular green coolant in, it doesnt take any special coolant does it?

Thanks in advance!

Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote