Thread: Zaino - Chicago
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #26
Perfectlap

LOL
You should be charging money! You Boxster is definitely putting mine to shame. I had a wipe out down some icy stairs in Feb. and I'm now finally back to standing up right, plus 15 pounds! It was nearly 70 degrees up here yesterday so maybe I'll test the waters.

I'm still swearing by the Werkstatt Prime (Strong). Its great on the Carrera wheels too, strips all that crap right off and leaves a really deep shine. I almost feel bad putting anything over it. The shine is that good. But its abrasive so not a good idea to use it more than a few times a year.

I haven't de-swirled in over a year so I will have to put in an order of the Menzerna. I ran out of the Duragloss Aqua Wax but I noticed there is a NAPA store nearby so I'll see if they have it. Can't beat a BIG bottle of high grade quick detailer for $8. The only issue is that sometimes it doesn't mix well when you use it imediately after washing with ONR.

But ONR and FK1 425 is still my favorite tandem. Sooo little effort to keep the car looking just waxed all the time.

p.s.
Quit using that ONR for clay barring! Diluted car wash soap in spray bottle will work just as well for a fraction of the cost. That ONR aint cheap! I usually clay the car during a full bucket and hose wash, while the suds are still on the car. Then I wash again to clear the remnants.

p.s.s.
For you Zaino guys check out this link for towels. These guys have great prices for bulk orders on towels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo
Quote:

"I'll send you a PM from someone who asked a similar question recently.

I do change products often! Unless I'm really blown away by a certain product I will usually try a different product line when it comes time to reorder."

Posted by Perfectlap.

As a PL detailing disciple for a couple of years now, I'd love to have a copy of that PM as well, if you don't mind. You using the whole Duragloss line these days, or just selected members of it? You swearin' off Jeffs Werkstatt Prime, Menzerna, etc?

What I'm doing these days is (following a thorough washing): 1) clay bar, w/ dilute ONR detailing spray; 2) Meg's paint cleanser; 3) 3-M Imperial Hand Glaze (not sure both of these steps are necessary, but it's working well for me); 4) S100 carnauba wax (looks wonderful on seal grey); 5) FK1 425 bubble gum top off coating.

Between the full detailings, I do the quick ONR solution detailing (assuming most of the foreign matter on the car is just dust and little else), followed by either: 1) Jeffs Werkstatt Carnauba Jett, OR 2) Duragloss Aquawax. I LOVE the smell of the Duragloss. (I walk out into the garage a couple hours later...and smell what can best be described as COCONUTS. It's great.) Whichever is used (if I still have any energy left) I try to follow-up with the FK1 425.

I do have the PC 7424, and have used it on my Camry and the wife's van. Amazingly I have yet to use it on the Boxster. It's not that I'm not comfortable using it (really is pretty fool proof). I'm just really hard-pressed to find ANY swirls on the Box, even with good lighting. (At least in part, I may have you PL to thank for that.) Really HAVE to try it on the Box eventually---it's just hard to imagine the car's finish looking any better than it does just doing what I've been doing. (That, in addition to my aching back saying "No. No!" everytime I think about breaking out the PC.)

As I say, this has been working well for me, with the seal grey. And it seems to last very well for me, hence I've not yet been inclined to switch to the longer-lasting sealants. My ride, while I try to drive it most everyday when the weather cooperates, tends not to be overly exposed to the elements. She's garaged, and (when I drive her to work) parked where it's mostly shady. While I'm not that inhibited about driving in the rain, it doesn't happen that often. If it looks like rain, I take the Camry.

FWIW...
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-11-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote