Thread: Zaino - Chicago
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #21
fatmike

HJKIM550 -- 'm happy to answer the question about the buffer (with apologies to Nick Cats for getting off topic in his thread...)

I'm not sure it matters much, there are a lot of good options out there. Three main criteria:

1. (Think Tim the Tool-man Taylor )"MORE POWER...grunt, grunt, grunt"
2. "Random orbit". This is what makes it safe to use. DO NOT get a rotary buffer that spins in-line and risks damage to your paint. Those are for the experts only.
3. Variable speeds are important too. You'll spread at a lower speed & buff at a higher speed.

Most folks like the Porter Cable. They make a dedicated automotive buffer. I also hear positive things about the Griot's unit. I actually use a Bosch. I bought it to refinish some things in my house, but its has all the important features -- random orbit, adjustible speed, and very high power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjkim550
I know this is kind of off and on the subject, but which random orbit polisher would you recommend for me to buy? I have seen some posts on this subject but I would like some info on personal experience. I am not looking for the cheapest but the most reliable and high quality polisher.

(My wife will laugh her A$$ off when I proudly display my new polisher and detailing products).... yup, I have contracted the dreaded disease from you guys.