View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
turbo23dog

You almost sound as you are not even considering joining. If you wanted to hear some of the good things about club membership:

I've been a member since 1997. I've only attended a few of the social events which are ok in their own right, but for me its more about the organized fun (rally) runs, autocross and track events that make the membership fee worth every penny. Plenty of opportunity to safely drive your Porsche in the manner for which it was designed/built, and become a better driver in the process. Plus you can get discounts from dealerships and some independent shops on parts and labor that sometimes end up exceeding the cost of the annual membership.

Granted, certain regions are more active than others, and negative perceptions of the club often come up (older age group, wine and cheese events, wash and shine crowds, you know what I'm saying...) but getting past all that, there are all kinds of folks in the PCA and hopefully you will find people who are just interested in their cars and the comraderie that comes with the club (like this board for instance). If your really lucky, you'll find local club members who are DIYers and are willing to teach you more things about your car than you might ever want to know.
past: 2010 Boxster S

Last edited by turbo23dog; 04-10-2008 at 05:24 PM.
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote