Thread: Problems...
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
Sputter

I hope it all works out. Keep us informed man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwl21
thank you for all your replies.

The warranty was from 'Warranty Management Services' which covers used cars. The garage was an independent with a good reputation...

The car was not bought 'as is'. It was apparently serviced by them but as soon as Porsche took a look at it, they referred to it as 'the faults kept coming like dominoes'.

I have spoken to the finance company who have been very helpful, and have an actual procedure to deal with situations like this. Also Porsche have been incredibly good and given me some excellent advice. I went to them again today and they showed me the faults, with the car on the lift. I could not believe how obvious the faults were, even to me who has no experience in mechanics. The problem with the engine is the bearing which drives the cam... and requires a whole engine rebuild, or a new engine. The bearing was loose and could be 'played' with. It was ridiculous. Seriously not worth it getting fixed. I am not bothering with these repairs, and the independent garage will be receiving legal action very soon.

Thank you for all your help/support

J
Sputter is offline   Reply With Quote