Thread: Problems...
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwl21
Hi all,

Bought a 2000 Porsche Boxster 2.7 on March 19th and had nothing but problems with it. Paid £14800 from a garage with 56000 miles on the clock. Very little work done to it and impeccable condition... or so I thought. Within 5 days, the radiator blew, and the hand brake was only working on one cylinder. We had been given one key and told 'yeah, we'll track down the other one'. Within 2 weeks, I could smell oil in the car so took it too a Porsche Dealer. They said the fronts bush's needed replacing, bearings(or something like that) in the transmissions had gone, the clutch needs a full replacement, catalytic converter had lost its heat shield, the RMS is leaking and to top everything off, the engine needs replacing/re building.

I was very happy with my car when I first had it, and obviously realise that this is not the fault of Porsche etc. It had 3 previous owners and I thought it was a fair price. I trusted the garage that we bought it from to have done a thorough check of the car and assume it was fully road worthy and 'as new'. The car has done 200 miles under my ownership and I am incredibly annoyed and not sure as to what to do.

Hopefully some of this work can be carried out under warranty but the final bill will be a bout £8500, half the price I paid for the car. When in the Porsche dealership, they had an 02, 20000 miles for £22000. I was gutted.

My questions are;

Are these problems that only a Porsche mechanic would be aware of and notice?

What can I do in regards of getting my money back for the car? (if possible) The car's been off the road for two weeks in total now so has only been in my hands for little over a week.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can give me,

J

The real question here seems legal. You need to check local and UK laws on that one. Also, what warranty are you referring to? It would seem to me that the Porsche warranty has expired.

The other quetion on the PPI is largely academic. Lets just say the original guy missed more than a few things. I always recommend that a PPI be done by a Porsche dealer.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote