View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
edevlin

Road Trip Advice

The longest trip I have taken in my 2000 base Boxster has been from Virginia to Florida and back, about 1600 miles round trip. I have made the trip several times and have never had any issues. I am planning a road trip this summer with the wife. We will start in Virginia, then to to Dallas, then Santa Fe, then the west coast, then the badlands of North Dakota, swing up to Canada, finally back to Virginia. Should take 4-5 weeks and be over 4,000 miles, yikes.

The car has 70K on it, I will have new tires, the wheels alligned, and a fresh oil change before the trip. Any other recommendations for the car or advice for us on a road trip of this length?

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote