View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #14
9fourteen

Send a message via AIM to 9fourteen
Battery fit without any problems. It is smaller than my OEM battery. The battery tray has multiple mount points for the battery clamp so you can have different size batteries. Those Germans think of everything.

All my warning messages reset except I still get a System Fault message. It seems to be trying to reset. I took the car out for drive and the light would go off every time I came to a stop and was idling. As soon as I got on it it would come on. I took it back home, shut it off and then restarted it. The Fault message never came on again but the engine sounded slightly rough. I'm guessing the computer hasn't fully reset. Is there a trick on getting the computer to reset? Or will it eventually figure it out on its own?

One thing that I found strange was I never got locked out of the radio. The battery was out of the car for over 24 hours.

I had the Porsche charger plugged into the cig lighter. I bought it when I bought the car and I always plugged it in when the car was parked for more than a week. It was plugged in the entire time I had it stored for the winter. I'm thinking the battery was already bad when I bought the car and it was just a matter of time before it completely failed. Is there a better battery maintainer than the Porsche one?
2005 Chevy Express
9fourteen is offline   Reply With Quote