View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
xxxalexxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwade

Be advised of cheap Boxsters out there. They are cheap because someone wants to get rid of them due to the heavy maintenance costs of a non-cared for model.

I don't think that statement is completely true, at least in my opinion. Me and my two brothers all own or have owned boxsters at some point (totaling in 4 boxsters over the years) and no one has ever paid 20k for any of them and they all have been maintained well and have had no major problems. I'm just saying that there are good deals out there and I don't see why people should be paying large sums of money if you don't have to. Inspection is very important though, so hopefully you or someone you know who knows something about cars can inspect the car and hopefully you can get records on it. I'm not saying all boxsters out there are ideal but its not true that all cheap boxsters are going to break down on you. Use the same logic as you would in buying any other car. With some common sense you can save a few thousand dollars and still have a great car. A car that someone is selling for 20k can be bought for 16k if you know how to negotiate, so be patient and talk the price down as much as you can.

A careful driver is one who honks his horn when he goes through a red light
-Henry Morgan
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote