View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
jwade

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedude
Thanks for the feeback. How much can I expect to pay in costs per year of ownership?
Hard to put a figure on it. Could be $500 or less or more as it really depends on the mechanical condition of the car. That's why the inspection is so important. It will reveal quite a bit so whether you purchase that one you show in the picts or not, make sure you do your investigations.

If you think about it though, like any car, oil changes and fluid changeouts would definately occur regardless of mileage every year. Might want to ensure the main seal is ok between the transmission and the engine. If you have seepage, you might be in for a hell of a cost, but you would need to catch it early.

My question for you would be do you plan on using it as a daily driver or is it a toy? I don't think I could ever see me using mine as a daily driver...that's what my Honda is for.

Tires are expensive, especially at 18". Best rated tire out there is the Michellin Pilot Sport PS2. I plan on purchasing soon and with shipping they are a little under $1200 from the tirerack.com.

Be advised of cheap Boxsters out there. They are cheap because someone wants to get rid of them due to the heavy maintenance costs of a non-cared for model.

Spend the time to find a great one and you will keep it for a long time. I did and I don't think twice for what I paid. Mine virtually smells new. If i could figure out how to post picts, I'd put some up for you.
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote