View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
gpurp

06' Boxster -- Need Opinions

Hi all. This is a first post. Been lurking for a while to get some knowledge before I purchase anything. I ran across this 06' 987 in Dallas with 17k miles for 35k. Test drove it today but I would get a PPI before seriously considering it. The only negative was that I sometimes heard a buzzing noise behind me when decelerating with the clutch depressed. I'm not accustomed to Boxster noises so I don't know what's normal. Anyway, it sounded like something was resonating. The Internet manager said he had no problems with me taking it to a Porsche mechanic for a PPI but he thought it would be a waste since the car is still under warranty. Opinions?

So my questions are 1. Is this about the right price for a 987 with 17k miles? 2. There appeared to be an amp in the front trunk at the bottom behind a carpet panel... is this the stock location for the amp? 3. Was told it had the upgraded Bose system. Don't know if it's option 490 or 680. I didn't look to see if there were speakers behind the grills. Is there an easy way to tell?

Oh, and it had the bi-xenons and heated seats too.
gpurp is offline   Reply With Quote