View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
Chills

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_d
I would recommend a brake fluid flush and bleeding. I have never been to this track to know how it "eats brakes" but having brake issues is a real bummer. If it's your first event, and you don't think this will become addictive (yeah, right ) then I would recommend just flushing the brake fluid with a good DOT4 fluid and even new OEM pads. If you think this will be a trend, you might want to upgrade to a track duty brake fluid like ATE Gold and even a performance brake pad.

Most importantly, listen to your instructor. They are there for a reason. You will not impress your instructor with blazing speed. You will impress him/her by doing as they tell you you will impress them by being smooth, patient and having track awareness. Since you have some time there already, you have a jump on the complete newbies.
Thanks for the advice, racer_d. The brakes are definitely the first order of business. This Saturday I'm heading to a friend's shop who I just found out used to do track events in his 911 years ago and is a certified Pcar mechanic. He's going to help me flush my brakes and put the DOT 4 in. He's got an Audi that he tracks... maybe I can convince him to come back to the light. lol

I'll heed your advice and listen closely to the instrustor. I am not going to this even to learn to be fast, I'm going to learn to be smooth. That's a mistake I made when I started out with the sportbike, I tried to hard to be fast. I want to learn how to drive my Boxcar the way it was designed to be driven.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote