Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
kennedi

Need advice

Hello. I am new to the world of Porsches but am looking to procure my first Boxster. I have been reading much about it but have to admit that I am getting a bit leery about it. With all the things I read on the forums I am starting to wonder if the Boxster - or any Porsche for that matter - is going to be reliable. I'll be the first to admit that it drives like a dream but am I going to need to be rushing this thing to a dealer (the closes one is about 1.5 hours from my house) once a month?

I have been looking online at a Porsche Certified pre-owned 2004 S manual transmission with 13,200 miles on it. The dealer is asking $40K for the sweetie but I noticed in the service record that it already had the left valve cover gasket seal replaced at 2976 mile mark. Is this a sign of more problems to come or is this "normal"? The car is located 8 hours away from where I live so I would like to weed out any problems on paper first.

I am only looking a Porsche Certified because I need the extra piece of mind of having a possible RMS (or any other seal) problem be covered by the warranty. Any advice you guys could give would be very much appreciated. Sorry for asking so many questions!

R/
Kennedi
kennedi is offline   Reply With Quote