View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #8
chaudanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
I have the upper track arms, both front and rear and i have to say, that i find it impossible to believe that anyone would be able to notice the car being "Less nimble" with only about 7-12 more lbs. of weight added on the car.

Again i have them on the front and rear of my car and they eliminated the rattling sound and i havent noticed any other new noises as a result of using the track arms.

If you really notice a difference in handling charactoristics, i would check your alignment again.
CJ, yes I did notice a slight difference in the handling characteristics of the car, feeling slightly less nimble. And no, I don't presume it to be from the addition of the 7-12 more lbs of weight added to the car itself, as you say... I could add that with some groceries in my trunk and definitely not notice anything. What I was concerned was about adding that much weight to the suspension itself, which is of course constantly moving.

So, like I said, I don't know if the culprit is the heavier arms adding weight onto the moving suspension, or if the culprit is the need to realign the car, due to the change in suspension, as I don't doubt that my toe, and perhaps even caster are slightly off now. I would try to solve the mystery by getting my alignment done right now, but I have a few more things I plan to do to the suspension and will wait after all the changes to get the alignment.

Does anyone know, from theory or first hand experience, whether adding weight to the suspension with these heavier arms, would cause a slightly slower response and adverse handling characteristics? Perhaps Insite can chime in...

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote