View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #17
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
You know I'm looking at this 993 Turbo and I'm thinking even if they hadn't gotten rid of the air cooling, it would still be way up in value. I don't think most people bidding up the prices on these cars have ever driven an aircooled 993. There's no need to spend $100-200K to get an air-cooled Carrea, you can get an older model air cooled 911 for way less than these 993's.
So I'm inclined to think its all about that front end styling. The rear of the car doesn't really stand out anymore than the back of a very nice looking 996.
If Porsche doesn't decide to incorporate the Boxster concept prototype styling into the 1999 Carrera, then these 993 depreciate just like any other 911.
The 993 guys should thank us! and at the same time the 996 guys should thank us for saving the whole ship from going under. If that had happened those 993's would have been worth a mint.

PL, it's as simple and as pure as SUPPLY & DEMAND can be. There are many more people who want to buy the cars then there are people wanting to part with them. Less than 2,000 brought to the USA.

Did I mention +400 HP, all wheel drive, 0-60 in about 3.8 seconds...and that sound!