View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #41
FTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT986S
I don't let others drive it, or my previous S/C Miata because I know how I would feel if I were driving someone else's baby and something unfortunate happened. It isn't like my daughter's Saturn or my Acura.
My SO refuses to own anything but a manual - hence her '05 Legacy GT. Around town she short shifts ( ) and leaves her foot in at red lights (more cringing) all the time. I have stopped saying anything, because when I did she just gave me "the look" and reminded me that she had 100,000 on her Toyota when she sold it, and then 100k+ on the Maxima.
Having said that though, when she wants to move on down the road, or pass on the thruway - Yikes - she knows what the turbo is for - and I love the smile!
Hafta see what this Summer brings for the Boxster.
I worked with a woman that said she needed a new transmission in her two year old manual shift car, and her husband told her it is her fault because of the way she handles a manual. She said, "I drive the way I was taught to drive". Well, there you have it! Expensive facts don't always change a hard headed mind. I suggested she stick wtih automatics, unless she liked the expense. Both my Mom and Dad drove manual, are anal retentive, and taught me lots of details that I appreciate. I can't stand auto trannys, but I am a low percentile. Anybody that isn't mature enough to learn and improve, and its my car they are driving, are no longer offered the key. Of course, I am not married, so that is a bit different perhaps? Or not.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote