View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
shaman1204

Advice on dealership work

I few months ago I took my car in to have the rear suspension "clunk" and a/c blower motor problem taken care of. They had my car for a few days and the service technician called to say they could not find or hear anything wrong with the suspension. The tech that was driving it must have been deaf. Finally, after I talked directly to the tech and told him to look at the rear lower control arms (thanks 986forum), that's what they replaced.

After they fixed those two problems and two others that came up I ended up paying around $700 ($100 deductible + difference on hourly shop rate) out of pocket and my warranty paid approx. $1900.

Well, the "clunk" is back in the rear passenger side, albeit not as bad as before. I want to take it back to have them look at it again, but I have a feeling they will say "we can't find anything wrong." If they do find something wrong, I don't feel I should pay the warranty's $100 deductible if they need to fix something they should have been fixed in the first place . I couldn't believe it the first time when I had to tell a Porsche Mechanic what to fix on my car, seeing from this forum that bad control arms are a pretty common occurrence. Do you think I have any leverage to make them pay for the deductible and possibly a loaner if they find something else that should have been replaced?
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote