Thread: 3.6 boxster
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
Darkhamr

Send a message via MSN to Darkhamr
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycool
you have to ask yourself the question though....why is it for sale ?!?! sometimes too much power destroys the whole nature of the car, ok, great in a straight line so long as it does'nt torque steer but i've always found if you want a faster car then...errr.. well buy a faster car. before you tear me of a strip i love to improve a cars performance but to what extent? i have a mear 2.5L (a mear 5.5" PINKY SIZE in the real world of performance) but it's how fast i DARE to go into the approaching corner thats the buzz and can i take that speed out the other side?!?!, all i'm saying is, it's what you do with it and not what you got that matters !!! (as in life.....lol)

I know what you are trying to say, but unless the motor is significantly heavier and throws off the balance and handling of the car I don't see an issue. If you don't need the power don't press the GO pedal as hard. Besides it's not over powerful at only 50hp more than a new S. I think that power level is just about right for the Box.
Darkhamr is offline   Reply With Quote