View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 03:50 AM   #12
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
I have not messed with the bleeder valve, but it was recently at the dealer, because it was heating up more the normal, and they may have messed with the coolant tank (I know that they pressure tested it).

I am going to check everything again tomorrow, and maybe take it into the dealer.
Could it be as simple as overfilling the coolant tank when I topped it off, and it just drained the excess coolant?
If the coolant level is normal, would that signal nothing was wrong?

Thanks!
I doubt it is from topping off the coolant. If you lost a significant amount of coolant after the shutdown, you probably are low in coolant, and you won't be able to read level in the indicator. Your cap, if ending in 01, should be fine. The ones ending in 00 really were the problem ones.

Open the trunklid, and look at the coolant tank area. Take off both the coolant cap and the oil cap, and then lift off the black plastic cover so that you can see underneath it. Do you now see coolant in that area all over the place? Do you see coolant at the bleeder valve area there? If not, and the coolant still comes out from under your passenger rear tire, then it is mostly likely a loose hose down there or a hairline cracked coolant tank.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote