View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
pcar-yvr

Exclamation Help! Smoke + Oil Pressure Light = ?

Hey guys, need some help.

I finally get my new (to me) '01 S from California and am having an adrenalin blast opening it up and see what my new love can do. "Spririted Driving" as they say. Drove it around off and on for the day. I finally get home, shut off the engine, and notice some smoke coming from the engine area around the back passenger side of the car. Wholly crap - my new car!! It eventually goes away and I leave her for the night.

This morning, I notice some oil on the ground (not a lot though) and when I go to start it - I'm on the bottom bar of the OBC oil gauge and my oil pressure light is flashing at me like crazy. Funny thing though - I check the dipstick and I'm smack-dab perfect in the middle of the 'perfect fill' lines.

* RMS was just replaced
* Car just had an oil change.
* Also - coolant tank was just replaced and refilled (so didn't think that could be leaking).
* PPI on car called on replacement of above (which was done by dealer)

I originally thought the oil was overfilled (hence smoke) - but I've since ruled that out.

I'm really worried about driving it anywhere in it's current state. From your experience, any idea what this could be and how it can be fixed??

THANKS BIG TIME for your comments.....
pcar-yvr is offline   Reply With Quote