View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
TheGoose

Angry Roof Woes - AGAIN!

The Boxster has been hibernating to avoid the three feet of snow we had this winter, so the arrival of spring is an exiting event. The snow has melted, but sadly, as much as I wished the converitble roof problem would disappear over the winter, it did NOT miraculously repair itself.

The problem I'm having is this: I replaced the roof cables and both linking arms that broke on a hot day last summer. I got it all alligned and the opening cycle, windows and clamshell all work fine. However, the "roof open" light on the dash does not go out, ever, and the convertible top motor does not stop until I lift my finger off it. That is, the sensor does not stop the power automatically as it should when the clamshell is shut. This has caused at least one more plastic lingage to snap! Luckily I had ordered a spare.

I now have to VERY CAREFULLY stop the cylcle by looking over my shoulder to see exactly when the clamshell is shut to avoid breaking any more parts.

Can anybody offer any advice on what I can do to get things back to normal. Could it be a micro-switch problem or a relay problem? Cheers!
TheGoose is offline   Reply With Quote