View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 06:46 AM   #4
socratic

I'm going to take the hands-free unit from my Lexus out and put it into the Boxster. It's pretty easy since it plugs into the cig lighter, but I had neatly tucked away the wiring for the microphone and didn't really want to re-do that.

I have tried a Motorola earpiece and mike on a retractable cord (you pull out the earpiece/mike from a spring-loaded reel and after you're done, you push a button and the earpiece/mike's cord is pulled back like when you retract a tape measure).

I put the Motorola "reel" in the left cup holder and the phone in the right cupholder.

The Motorola is so-so because the retractable cord isn't that long and so when it is in my ear, it is hanging in mid-air from my ear to the cupholder location. And yesterday, when I was turning, I accidentally ripped the earpiece out of my ear--slight OWWW!

Also, the motorola isn't that loud even though the earpiece volume on the phone was cranked to max. Maybe because the phone is an LG and not a Motorola.

The other trouble with my setup is that with both cupholders out, they do a great job of blocking the radio controls and display....

I'll report back on what I find with the true LG handsfree unit.
socratic is offline   Reply With Quote